Tuesday, February 13, 2007


WOW. V.D.

Another Valentine's day. Can't I just stay home and sleep? I could easily hate Valentine's Day--another crass commercial opportunity to feel pressured into buying shit. It is so bad that all Valentines recieved have to be scrutinized through the lens of "did you really mean this or did you know that if you didn't give me something I would be pissed?" Still, I have several that warm my heart. Sweet little crooked cut-out hearts with misspelled "valintin"--sometimes glitter--cards made with the purest of intention. I have saved them all. They make me happy just thinking about them.
This year I am delighted to report that I have the best Valentines ever--the three coolest children in the world. Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Heart Day! The "remembrance" box I bought for Fiona is already almost full, and she's just going to be five in March! I'm going to need to rent a storage unit, I think.

ellie bee said...

funny you should mention that--I have to rent one of those things soon--house cleaning you know!
also, looking forward to your next post....
have a great day!

Liv said...

I fortunately have not had the displeasure of receiving any ill-meant or half-assed valentines this year. I have gotten a handprint from TP, a sample of Davis's first writing, your sweet gift of life, and a big honking sack of candy---and I will share!

Cay-Cay said...

Ms. Elizabeth you're amazing!
Thanks for the great conversation today while I was just hanging out at your house waiting on your daughter! You're one of the coolest moms I know!
Happy Valentine's Day
I love ya!

Peach Pod said...

I think I've figured out what we are doing wrong in the soul mate department. Check it out: http://www.savagechickens.com/blog/2007/02/soul-mate_09.html

ellie bee said...

OMG, you're right!!! I'll go check straight away!