Sunday, July 08, 2007



My teens and tweens.....

What a fun weekend! I had 2 of my own (tye dye and M.E. in the Middle) and 3 friends at Jeckyl Island for a little fun and sun. We had a blast. My favorite moments:

1. Watching a 4ish old girl spot Heather (the REDhead) on the beach and gasp: "the little mermaid!" I hope her folks milked it as much as I would have...

2. Petting wild manatees off the dock

3. Spending time with fellow bloggers, Peaches, and Liv, and meeting other new and groovy blog friends. Peaches is even more fun in person--of course, when you feel like you know someone already, meeting them in person is just sort of--WOW! Kind of like when you go to a family reunion and reconnect with a cousin or someone you haven't seen in ages, but that you somehow share a history with...
anyway, it was delightful in every way, and we have to do it again really soon!

4. Having Liv give me credit for a beach pick-up...was that what that was?

5. driving home to find RAIN!!!!

6. not one, but two phone calls from my precious Conner, in New Zealand. He is having a blast, but has decided that sea kyaking 6 miles in frigid ocean water is "crazy". He said the sweetest thing ever though: "Mom, I want to get a job and save up so I can bring you here--it is so beautiful, I know you would love it." Isn't that the best compliment a 14 year old can give?

Great weekend! Now, back to reality!

10 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh. You mean that weekend wasn't real? I bet it was. And it's supposed to feel even more real than everyday routine stuff.

Liv said...

I know, I know. We run out of things to say about one another when we blab on the phone daily... I am hoping that Peach will add me to her regular call list, too! You amaze me with your mad skills!

meno said...

Those kids are just glowing in that picture. Sounds like a wonderful time. Wish i could meet Liv, and i bet i wish i could meet Peaches too.

The Little Mermaid? That is precious.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fantastic time. I love your site!

thailandchani said...

Cool! It will be interesting to hear more about how your son is adjusting to New Zealand. :)


Peace,

~chani

c h r i s t i n e said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE MANATEES I AM SO JEALOUS OH MY GOSH!

LittlePea said...

I love Jeckyl Island. What fun!

Oh petting manatees! You're after my own heart with that one....

ellie bee said...

susanne--you are right; it is the everyday grind that is an illusion!

liv--since we can't seem to make a monthly dinner we need to schedule a monthly beach weekend--whadda you think?

meno--they had such a good time, and I did as well, watching them! they really keep you young!

rick--thanks for visiting! we really had fun!

chani--he is such an awesome kid--i can't wait to hear about his take on it either. one of his favorite things was his dinner and time with the Maori tribe--he said they were "the nicest people he had ever met"...I just love that my kids are open and receptive to other cultures!

emily--welcome! i popped over and visited your site--this is really wierd, but I think your yarn swap partner is my best friend! is that cool or what?

miss pea--we love manatees--on one of our trips to sea world the ONLY animal my then 4 year old daughter would uncover her eyes and look at was the manatees--we spent 4 HOURS in the manatee exhibit, then left! so, we have a long standing love for them in our family!

EHT said...

Your trip to Jekyl sounds great...and meeting up with some other Georgia bloggers does as well.

We have had rain west of Atlanta as well. I'm so thankful for it.

I loved your idea over at History Is Elementary for my Seven Wonders lesson. Moms make great teachers!

Andrea Frazer said...

The Little Mermaid comment would have made the weekend for me.