Tuesday, July 17, 2007



My Summer Stash Swap package has arrived!

What an amazing treat. Melissa, in Greenfield, Mass, put together the perfect knitting stash treat for me.

What is utterly amazing is that without knowing me, without even ever meeting me, she picked perfect little gifts. My daughter asked me where I had met her--"I haven't". She read my blog, and figured out from that what would make me smile. It is amazing.

I got lovely stitch markers, which you can't appreciate in the picture, but they are Americana at its best! Stars, USA, flags...perfect! And the needle case is stars and stripes, and the sock yarn--not just any sock yarn, mind you, but Lorna's Lace "Liberty" is red, white and blue! The beautiful hand-dyed pastel is super yummy, but best of all: the "Welcome to our Home" sign, handpainted on slate. It is perfect!

Thank you so much Melissa! What a perfect, perfect gift! I hope to get to meet you someday, or at least to find your blog and get to write!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful swap package! Knitters are the best. I'm only slightly prejudiced. ;)

Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Hi Ellie,
Glad you enjoyed the treats! I have been reading your blog and thought the slate would help you beautiful new house help feel more like a comfy home. I too hope we get to meet, as I feel like we already know one another! :) Can't wait to see what you create with the yarn!
<3
Melissa
www.meliabella.wordpress.com

Peach Pod said...

You got Lorna's Lace on a swap?! Lucky dog!

Crazed Nitwit said...

One meets amazing people on the internet!!! I think it's so awesomely cool!

Susanne said...

I only have glimpsed into the knitting blogger world but I am totally amazed at all those swaps and such.

It's nice to know that people can get to know you through your blog.