Thursday, July 05, 2007

I have seen this one going around, and decided to play...enjoy and give it a whirl if you like!


8 Random Facts About Me....

1. I am becoming totally disconnected from my family (brothers and mom). I would not be surprised if I never saw them again. To most of you this is probably no big deal. To anyone who knows me, or my family, it is shocking.

2. I have never tried any drug for recreational purposes, and have never even considered smoking. Not for any reason other than a total fear of loss of control. I could never risk being dependent on any substance for any thing--even just a good time.

3. I have never had sex with anyone I didn't plan to marry. In a couple of cases, it just didn't work out...

4. I have horrible, inexplicable road rage. I fully expect to be shot someday by some asshole because I flipped him/her off for doing something stupid or rude.

5. I have, in fact, broken all ten commandments. It is not something I am proud of, by any means, but it is true. I wonder how many other people have as well--and are willing to admit it?

6. I don't believe in hell--see #5.

7.I have no fear of death. In fact, I rather look forward to it. That is not to say that I am ready to die--or that I wouldn't be pissed off to be "dying". There is still a lot I want to accomplish and I have 3 wonderful kids I want to share more time with. I just don't see death as the horror that many people do. It is more of a transition than an end in my mind. Hope I'm right (about #6 too)

8. I really want to love, and be loved again.

10 comments:

meno said...

You are one up on me in that i don't even KNOW all of the 10 commandments.

Liv said...

Your number 8 speaks to me the most. I am secretly (well, not anymore) overjoyed to see in print that that is true. It's a hell of a curve, sister.

mr zig said...

all ten? I admit I've broken 8 of the 10, But - wow, a full set!! that could be an interesting post one day! :)

thailandchani said...

I don't even know all the ten commandments, either. Maybe I'll look 'em up to see what you've been doing. LOL

I identify with #7 also. Clinging to life has never made much sense to me.


Peace,

~Chani

LittlePea said...

I wish I didn't fear death. Maybe because I've been told about hell since I was old enough to steal my mom's makeup bag.....

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Susanne said...

How nice that you did your own take on the eight things meme.

And I don't fear death either. I just made the mistake to mention to someone that I think there are worth things than death... You should have seen the look she gave me. I won't mention that one again.

About the ten commandments, I'm not sure. Oh, there's one I haven't broken, I'm sure. Maybe two. I will have to look them up.

Vickie said...

I love meme's where there is tru sharing allowing me to know a person better. This is one of them---thanks for sharing more of you with us.

About the ten commandments---I'm not that far behind you---not all ten yet--one never knows what the future holds so who knows if I end up with 10 of 10. I hope not but it could happen.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the ten commandments are anymore but I imagine I've broken a few of them.

Crazed Nitwit said...

Yup all 10. No fear of death because I know my baby Brennan(died in 1996) and I will be reunited.

Good blog.