Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hey mummy!

Hey baby! How are you?

I'm really cold.

You sound like it--your teeth are chattering! Get some warmer clothes.

I'm wearing 4 layers!

Buy some more!

But its 10 degrees on the ground.

Wait, where are you?

I'm about to bungee jump off a bridge--300 feet. It'll be great!

Conner, what the hell are you doing calling me to tell me that you are "about to jump" off a f***ing bridge in New Zealand? You're supposed to call and say "mom, I just jumped off a bridge." Past tense. Now you have to call me back later!

But it'll be 2 in the morning there...

I don't give a rat's fanny what time it is. I better hear back from you tonight!
And son, I love you.....

I love you too mummy....

6 comments:

meno said...

He must not know the "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" rule. Yikes!

mr zig said...

I loved this post - it made me laugh and I re-read it several times! hehehe

Sharon said...

What a great post. I can totally relate, although with us, it wasn't anything as exotic as bungee-jumping!

LittlePea said...

So funny.

amusing said...

Um. The call came through, right?

Susanne said...

I would have had a heart attack. Okay, I hope I wouldn't. Am glad that you hadn't. And what amusing said.