Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Happy Fourth of July!

I know that there are many who do not agree with the current political situation in this country; however, I have to go on record as saying: this is still the greatest country in the world, and we are all damn lucky to be living here.

As for our military: I salute them all. The sacrifices they make so that we can enjoy the freedom and safety we have here are unbelievable. I don't care if you support "the war", if you don't support the soldiers who defend your right to have an opinion then you are just a class 4 A shit. End of story. I have several friends who have sons (and let's face it--it could just as easily be daughters) as well as personal friends who are serving our country in Iraq as well as other countries around the world. They are finest people I know, and I commend them, and thank them from the bottom of my soul.

I hope that you all have a safe, happy and wonderful Fourth. If you are enjoying your freedom--thank a soldier. And his family. They deserve it.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

A great post, I must say Iagree with all you have said here.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog and comment. I have enjoyed my visits here and know I will continue to.

M.E. said...

Amen Mom!
I am blogging again...check me out!!
Love you!!

LittlePea said...

Happy 4th!

thailandchani said...

It's good to see you blogging here again. When you disappear, I miss you. :)


Peace,

~Chani

Jay said...

I hope you had a lovely holiday

Sharon said...

Right on! God bless the troops. Because each and every one of them is serving voluntarily, it means that my child doesn't have to. That is a tremendous gift, and there isn't enough I can do to express gratitude to our soldiers.