Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wow! I've been tagged--sort of--by Amazing Amusing! I am so excited!


If my childhood plans had worked out...

I am happily driving my yellow porche convertible home from work--being a doctor is not always fun and games, but it has its perks, and a cool car is definitely one of them. My kids will be waiting back at the house--and my husband. He is probably a doctor, too, since we science geeks all seem to hang out together. The kids will have finished their ballet, piano, or horseback riding lessons, and I will whip up a fabulous dinner for us all (since I am a great cook, and the housekeeper will have all the groceries bought, and will clean up the mess). We will have to finish packing for our around the world trip tomorrow--so much to see and do and only 3 months to do it all! No money troubles, no husband troubles, no kid troubles, and no house work.

Interestingly, I have managed to have all of those things (except the yellow convertible--mine was blue, and the round the world trip--unless you count epcot) at one point or another. And while I don't have them all anymore, I am amazingly happy with what I do have. Funny how things work out!

Great meme! Let's hear from liv and peaches!

5 comments:

meno said...

These are so much fun! If only it were true.

Susanne said...

That's amazing, realizing that you have lived your dream. Only it didn't turn out quite as you thought, didn't it?

I love that you say, "And while I don't have them all anymore, I am amazingly happy with what I do have."

That's about the best thing one can say.

Liv said...

I already did mine days ago, smarty pants! And, I'm only slightly peeved that your life has been a childhood dream come true. Excepting that naturally, a child never dreams of divorcing and all the associated headbanging that goes with adulthood. keep rockin' it all---and your seriously out of hand body!

Unknown said...

I find it amazing how often we put our happiness in things. Although painful, it is often liberating to realize we can be content without most of it!

Peach Pod said...

I did mine! Thanks for the fun!