Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random thoughts....

Too much chaos in the world right now. I am feeling unsettled on a very deep level, and am finding that many of my dear friends are feeling the same. Maybe it is the general unrest of the world at large; maybe we are reaching an awareness level where we can sense the disturbances that have always been around, but we were too self-absorbed to notice. Maybe...


I have not posted a picture of the new "dream house" yet. I am still in the midst of inspections, negotiations, angst and worry. And, it isn't mine until we close. Did I mention that I am superstitious? I am just terrified of "jinxing" the whole thing if I get too optimistic, or hopeful, or just plain cocky. So, be patient, those of you who are interested...its coming. I pray, its coming. For those who care, here is the current, soon not to be our home.



Please, send good thoughts our way as I try to get all the details wrapped up. I cannot remember being this stressed in a long time. It seems silly and selfish to be so wrapped up in such a glaring example of materialism, but the fact of the matter is--my house is sold. I have to move. My kids love the new house, and so do I. It feels like it could very well be home, in a new and wonderful way. I am just nauseated at all the details, and terrified of screwing up. The inspection on the wanna-be house made me want to throw up--so many things to be fixed! Of course, the responsibility of fixing them is the current owners, but it just scared me to death. I can't believe I am doing this ON MY OWN. God help me.


I just heard that another good friend has lost her beloved dog in a most horrible way, and my heart breaks for her. He tried to climb over her back fence and impaled himself--she found him still alive, but it was hopeless, and the vet had to put him down. That dog has been her best friend for years. She has really had it rough lately, and now this--and she is one of the the sweetest, most upbeat, positive souls I know. It is very hard to understand how so much sorrow lands on such a dear, trusting person. Pisses me off, actually. For her and for all of us who just try to do and be as good as we can be for everyone, and who end up being hurt beyond belief. If you have a moment, please send her good thoughts as well. In fact, take a moment and just send out a butt load of positive thoughts and energy for all the suffering folks in the world. It surely can't hurt.

In my current mindset of finding beauty




is this guy adorable or what?

6 comments:

lu said...

Absolutely, adorable.

My co-workers and friends are all feeling a bit uncertain these days too. I think the current state of crooked politics, the war, and all that comes with these things bleeds into a general malaise.

I've no doubt that you have the stuff to get through this move. I can't imagine the workload you must be carrying, so ask for help. I get a sense from you that you are usually the helper--so this is time to reach out and let those people who love you help you out.

meno said...

I can't imagine the stress of buying and selling a house all on my own. You are a strong woman. Sending positive thoughts.

I am so sorry about your friend's dog. That's just heartbreaking.

thailandchani said...

Oh, that house is very beautiful! :)I'm sure it will work out for you. Some things are meant to be.

I know I wouldn't be able to pull that one off. Not a chance! LOL


Peace,

~Chani

Peach Pod said...

I'm sorry about the unsettleness. I can totally relate. Some days I'm doing great and other I'm in a very dark place. I think that it is great that you are moving to a new place. I've considered downsizing. I personally believe you end up living a bigger life in a smaller home. Instead of spending time worrying about about rooms and square feet you can just spend time enjoying life.

Liv said...

my beautiful boy! my wonderful memsa!

Peach Pod said...

When do you close on your new dream house?