Tuesday, April 24, 2007


OK, house bought. Sigh of relief.
We are all very, very excited. It is lovely, actually remarkably enough like our present house to feel comfortable, yet different enough to be new and exciting.
I walked through the yard today while I was waiting to hear from the realtor. Two bluebirds joined me. I consider it an omen of happiness and good fortune to come.

Otherwise, there continues to be upheaval and turmoil.

My son's trip to Costa Rica was cancelled--not enough participants. Fortunately there was another trip to join--to New Zealand. When paying for the outrageously expensive air tickets I found out that the credit card I was using had been "frozen" because of "suspicious activity". Thank goodness, because none of the attempted purchases were made by me! This particular card is not the one I use every day, so I guess it was easy to figure out that all those attempted Internet purchases for electronics were not me. That is the second time my credit card number has been "stolen". I will have to wait for the bill to see what charges did go through, if any, and report them. What a pain. It really creeps me out.

Two of my kids are failing classes. I don't know how you help kids that won't ask for help until its too late. It is sad and frustrating. My middle child is just devastated by his probably failure in Biology. He is such a great kid, but he has no concept of it. It has been a tough year for him--yet 99% of the time you would never know he has a care in the world. Then BOOM, a failing grade and he literally dissolves before my eyes. He is still grieving the loss of his best friend last winter--he died of a rare viral pneumonia. Then, the divorce, and changing schools. Just when I think we are over the hump something like failing biology tips him over into tears, and he sobs like his heart is broken. It just seems like his capacity to "roll with the punches" is used up. I know how he feels. I guess it is good that he cries occasionally...he never really did accept Tommy's death at the time--in fact, I don't remember his crying at all. I am hopeful that this summer's New Zealand adventure will help in some way. Doing new things and making new friends can't possibly hurt. My heart aches for him.

I am just ready for life to settle down. I feel like we have been on some terrible roller coaster for about 3 years, and I am ready for the ride to end. I'm not asking for perfect, just a little calmer. A little less turmoil. A little less drama. Time to just enjoy each other and to just BE.

7 comments:

Peach Pod said...

It is beautiful!!! Congrats. I think you are making a great move. Best wishes and hugs!

thailandchani said...

Wow... that is some house! LOL

I feel bad for your son. So much, too soon and too close together. Maybe the trip will be just what he needs to get another perspective.


Peace,

~Chani

meno said...

The house is very cute. And it comes with bluebirds.

It's so sad to see your children unhappy. I hope things calm down for him, buy given that he is in the teenage range, it's unlikely.

Liv said...

It is a great house inside and out--maybe save those mirrors for any budding narcissists you know! And bluebirds?! Oh, bluebirds of happiness! Now we just need to make sure you get a bluebird box in the yard to make them stay! I'm so happy this has worked out.

ellie bee said...

peaches...thanks for the good wishes. don't forget my invite to the beach soon!

chani...I, too, am hoping that the trip will give him some much needed confidence and space. He is a terrific person.

meno...you are right about that teenage thing--I am becoming used to drama on lots of different levels! and this weekend is: PROM!!

liv...now, we just have to get YOUR house on the hill!

lu said...

It's a lovely house.

The best thing about moving into a new house it the beauty of being really organized for a spell. Everything has it's place, everything is new...at least to you.

I think you've already had your allotment of upheaval, and you are due a break.

Maybe you could have a clean sweep ceremony of sorts when you move in--everyone gets a fresh start.

amusing said...

Is there another next door I could move into?