Friday, January 26, 2007

update...or maybe I spoke too soon....

well, headache came back...so, we are on the headache meds at home hoping we don't have to do the hospital thing again. And, true to form, when it rains it pours. My youngest is also sick now with--you guessed it: headache--and fever.
My sweet daughter is miserable, or as miserable as one can be when stoned. My middle child is cheerfully being neglected (I know, he's a middle child so he is probably used to it). And to top it all off, the computer crashed...so I am on a laptop. Good thing I can remember the password to this account; unfortunately, its the only one I can remember! I have to say, I really love feeling connected with the outer world--if only through this blog! I so appreciate my comments from liv and de--it really makes me appreciate the wonder of cyberspace! Maybe I should try cyber-dating (just kidding liv, don't have a heart attack!) Single is definitely best at this point! I can't imagine trying to find time or energy for any other obligations. Anyway, I am here, being grateful for the fact that this situation feels so intolerable because I normally have healthy children, and God-willing, I will have healthy kids again really soon. No matter how sucky it feels, it is a million times better than so many other mother's situations. I remain eternally humble. And, please God, if it's not asking too much, could my kids please feel better really soon?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My children are small (actually almost the same age to the month as Liv's), so when they are sick they're not good at telling me what's wrong and I have a hard time relating. Until this winter, when I've had cold after cold after cold. I'm actually a little (very little) bit glad because I feel more connected to what they're dealing with and a little more patient when they can't sleep because they're so stuffy or whatever. Even though it seems as though they mature so quickly, I'm quite glad it takes a long time because I don't feel anywhere near ready to take on the task of parenting and caring for young adults!