Tuesday, January 30, 2007

They're baaack.....in school!!!

All 3 kids back in school today, at least for a little while....life is coming back into focus. M.Elise went to school for a half day...read about her adventures (and mine) on her blog. I guess
I looked as out of place as I felt. I am constantly amazed at this madhouse we call school. And, sadly, some of the administrative help are clearly graduates (or maybe not) or the system. The cretin that checks the students in/out actually gave my child a hard time today about her doctor's excuse...she was upset that M.E. got to school so early with a doctor's excuse that said she had been seen that morning (she went in late). M.E. said, "well, my mom is the doctor", which did not make old sourpuss one bit happy. Guess I have to go up there again tomorrow to "explain" it to her...."hate is b***h, I am a doctor, and yes, I can, and do write my own kids excuses. I also sign the protocols that allow you to have a school nurse here. Deal with it." I mean, I have been on the phone with these folks several times this past week, and actually checked her out today when she came home (she probably shouldn't drive when she is seeing purple and green spots and sparkles) and she didn't say a word to me. Did I mention that I hate mean people?
on a lighter note, the kids' showchoir competition is this weekend--and I am going to take M.E so she can compete. The rest of the choir is leaving on Thursday, but the bus ride/hotel room, 3 hours from home and doctor (no, not just me--I just write the excuses) thing was not possible. Sweet Conner, however, is very excited about that and will enjoy it tons. He has a couple of solos, and is thrilled. I can't wait to see him! Show choir has been very good for him--he is supposedly "the hot freshman guy to be". I think the High School Musical thing hasn't hurt with that--he is the picture of that Zach kid all the girls love.
I will drive M.E. to Alabama Friday for the competition only on Saturday morning, then its back home for her MRI Saturday. But at least she will get to compete. We are, however, blowing off Govenor's honors audition/interview--also scheduled for Saturday (who plans this stuff)? It is the same day as the competition, and would mean putting off the MRI--she doesn't want to go anyway, and so we are not going to interview. The school is not happy--it would be great for them to have her go to GH, but she doesn't want to spend her summer there, so I see no point in it. Sometimes, slacker mom just can't do it all (and doesn't want to).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so NOT a slacker Mom.

Sounds like a fun weekend (even with the driving). I love the idea of your son being the "hot freshman."

Liv said...

Holy, moly. January just NEEDS to end for both of our sanity's sake.

from one slacker mom to another (even if I don't think you are as much as I am!) I salute you!

M.E. said...

Yes, I go to schoo with him and my brother is ver much the hot freshmen. I have been there way longer than him and suddenly I am "conner's sister". Not cool. haha. And you are not a slacker Mom. I am a slacker Daughter. lol.