Sunday, January 28, 2007

Finally back to normal--at least for us....

Well, back to the usual and customary routines, thank God. Hopefully, we are all on the mend for good. Just have to figure out how to prevent another horrid prolonged migraine attack. I am becoming very educated about migraines, like it or not. I am eternally greatful to the folks who sent us good wishes and energy: Dawn, Olivia, the 3 J's, my mom, Gena, and De....you all are very, very special in my heart and I love you for your kindness. I have also learned a bit about myself and my expectations of others--there are always the little surprises that trip you up in life; hopefully, you learn from them and go on...

I had the joy of going to little A's baptism yesterday--she was beautiful--squirming in a frothy white gown, playing peek-a-boo, flirting with us all. It was one of those bittersweet times: wonderful, yet on some level not as wonderful as it should have been due to circumstances that are out of anyone's control. Liv was stunning, and the picture of dignity and grace...I admire her more every day. Her kids won't remember it, but I know she will always look back on the occasion and feel that is was not the celebration she had planned. So Liv, give yourself the credit you deserve. All in all, it is the meaning behind the moment, the bestowing of something wonderful, the belonging in a family that is universal--these are the gifts that you gave little A in her baptism, and in the long run, these are the gifts that count (and looking fabulous while giving them is just icing on the cake--and you did, dear liv, you did!)

4 comments:

M.E. said...

I love you! Here is a comment for your lovely blog, so you can find my blog!! And may I take this time to say that Liv always looks fabulous? ANd I hate that I missed the baptism, I know it was beautiful! I love you!!

Anonymous said...

We had Fiona and Lorenzo baptized together last summer. The minute the Holy Water was poured into the font, he started screaming, "Juice, Juice, Juice" until the ceremony ended (it was not quick). It was a private baptism, so I really wish I had interrupted and gotten him something to drink, but we just take these things so seriously...
I know this is more humorous than bittersweet, but there are many ways that things can not turn out the way we imagine them.

ellie bee said...

my middle child, sweet conner, screamed like he was being bloody murdered....one of the old ladies said (quite loudly) it was the devil coming out of him, and i think she was right--he is my easiest by far!!! i just love baptisms...:)

Liv said...

I don't know that to say, but bless you all.