Thursday, June 07, 2007


Welcome Home.....

We are here...with all of our stuff, and settling in nicely. I am amazed that from the first night, this house has felt like HOME. It is ours--no old habits or memories lurking, just memorabilia we wanted to keep, and lots of potential.
The move went without a hitch--just an enormous job that lasted 4 whole days (and we moved less than 2 miles). Getting the kitchen counter tops in made a huge difference. Life lesson # 101--never move into a house that has no countertops in the kitchen. Most of the boxes are unpacked, but not everything is in its place yet--we are taking our time and making it "right". The dogs and cats even adjusted immediately. It was amazing. Perhaps most impressive of all was that Spence slept all night in his room...he has not done that in years. He was always afraid to be sleep in his room at the old house, so slept with his brother, or with me. Clearly we are all relieved to be in our new home.

Or, almost. Spence is at camp now--he left last Saturday. Life lesson # 102: don't ever try to pack for camp while you are unpacking from moving. Just go to Walmart--that's what I finally ended up doing. He will be gone for 3 weeks--I can't believe how much I miss him! Conner's passport finally arrived so he is off to New Zealand in 3 weeks. Lots of packing to be done for that too--all winter stuff. He will be gone for 3 weeks as well.

ME is in school and working. She turned 17 today. What a wonderful milestone. I can't believe that she is 17. She got her SAT scores today, and did great. Still, she wants to take it again to "do better". I suspect this senior year will go by in a blink. I am still in denial about it.

Well, I know this has hardly been "blog worthy", but at least it lets everyone know what has been happening in my world for the past 2 weeks or so. I hope to be back to normal--or as close as I get--very very soon! I have to say thanks to my two "sisters": precious Dawn, who spent her Saturday scrubbing the bathrooms in my new home before we moved in--now that is love; and dearest Debbie, who spent her Sunday unpacking boxes and putting stuff away so I wouldn't have a total overwhelmed breakdown. I am so very blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely house, hope you'll be very happy there. Take care.

Peach Pod said...

Yay! You're back. I've missed you, but didn't want to bug you because of the move. The house sounds fab. I'm so glad all is going well.

thailandchani said...

Good to see you back again. I've wondered about you several times. Sounds like things are going well.

I'm curious about the fact that Spence didn't like to sleep in his own room in the old house... yet does well in his new room.

How interesting. Really. Makes one wonder...


Peace,

~Chani

Susanne said...

Happy birthday to ME. I'm glad that you arrived at your new house safely. And I missed you too.

amusing said...

I think houses have a vibe. I am not sure I like the vibe in this house. Sometimes I wondered if it was the axis I had my bed on.

I'm so glad all is going well. Peace and good wishes.