Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy....


It struck me yesterday morning, on the way to work just before I got to Starbucks.

"I am happy."

The thought took me by surprise--it was such a random thing to have cross my mind, especially with all that has happened in the past couple of years.

"Happy. Happier than I have been in years."

And then I waited--for the panic. For the past 8 years or so every time I dared to be happy something "would happen". So I waited for that familiar feeling--waited for the other shoe to drop.
But, it never came. I was, quite simply, content.
Not that there were no problems to face, no bills to pay, no boxes to unpack, no unhappy friends to worry about, no stuff I can't find somewhere lurking in a box unknown. All that "daily normal routine" was still with me. But,
I was HAPPY.
It is good to feel this way. It has been a long time.

5 comments:

Peach Pod said...

I totally know what you mean. In spite of the darkness I've had to deal with in the past few months, I have had true moments of feeling happy, more than I've had in the past few years. And I understand what you mean about worrying about something bad happening because of the happiness you felt. I swear that soon-to-be ex knew if I was happy and made it a point to do something or say something to bring me down. That's not a problem. And it will only get better! Go EB!

Susanne said...

How great. I know how you feel. And I felt instantly happier reading this.

Asian Butterfly said...

Sending you a virtual hug. I love the pic you have. Just a beautiful photo.

thailandchani said...

Acceptance? That's usually what brings that about. Glad to hear it though. I know you hit a rough spot for a while.


Peace,

~Chani

amusing said...

Yay. So glad to hear it. Onward. Upward.